PSKmail Puppy Client 2.0.28
This CD combines a lot of tools in one simple .iso, which needs very little configuration effort.
Its main purpose is to offer a very simple way to start using the pskmail V2 client, but care has
been taken to include those programs which the average ham will need when he/she is mobile.
Next to the normal household programs you would expect on a CD like this, it contains a.o.:
- Puppy Linux 5.4.3, based on Ubuntu precise (12.04).
- A complete jPSKmail V2 client (2.0.28) with built-in modems
- The gpsd daemon with xgps for connecting a gps unit
- The zyGrib program for showing weather maps and grib files
- The gcmwin propagation forecasting and great circle maps program
- Hamlib libraries for rig control
- Flrig rigcontrol program
- Xastir for APRS operation
- For digital modes operation Fldigi-3.21.66
- For satellite operation Gpredict
- For antenna modelling Xnec2c
- For CW contesting cwdaemon and tlf from PA0R
- The excellent XDX cluster client from PG4I
- For logging the Xlog program from PG4I
Download at http://pskmail.org/downloads/jpskmail-puppy-2.0.28.iso
Upgrade jPSKmail to 2.0.29
(rename to javapskmail.jar and drop into jpskmail directory)
Burn the image to a blank CD, and boot from it... you will need abt. 1 GB
of RAM to load the CD.
To store your config data you must tell the CD where to put a save file (1GB is enough) when you
shut off for the first time. This can be on a USB stick, or in a file on your windows partition (defrag first).
By the next boot you will find all your config data are still there....
There is much info about puppy on the net, google is your friend, a good place to start is http://puppylinux.org
This is a beta test version... used dayly by EA/PA0R/M...
Pse send bug reports to the pskmail mailing list
73, Rein EA/PA0R/M
Last update: February 7, 2013